Thursday, February 24, 2005

 

The desire to set a good example is perhaps not the best motivator for holiness. I'm always trundling along hoping to find my way to proper motivations. But I can't say that it doesn't spur me spiritually when I see a challenge ahead such as that of my soon-to-be sister-in-law, who calls herself a "recovering Catholic", pro-gay marriage, liberal, etc... A different sort of Christian, but apparently a believer. And the rub is that she probably has something to teach me - surely galling because I have too much pride. My sense is that I have to get in better shape spiritually if I'm to have any positive impact on my soon-to-be sister-in-law.

• • • • •

Comments: Post a Comment

Desperately Seeking Retirement
   
..a situational comedy
 
Atom Feed
 


Powered By Blogger TM