Thursday, March 31, 2005

 

The common flippin' cold. How bad can that be? Yet I always have vague imaginings that it's strept throat, a nascent pneumonia, a vast decline.

I'm always impressed by my low threshold for pain. I almost made it through the winter unscathed but now have a cold now and it's fellin' me. I think women deal with pain better than men because they have that monthly cycle thing going on and because men (or at least I) can go through vast quantites of time feeling no pain. And that's not even while drinking.

Speaking of drinking, I need a Guinness iv. I had a single Guinness last night and it was nectar of the gods. Nothing soothes a battered consitution and aching sore throat like a cold Guinness.

• • • • •

Comments: Post a Comment

Desperately Seeking Retirement
   
..a situational comedy
 
Atom Feed
 


Powered By Blogger TM