Sunday, March 27, 2005

 

Spent Saturday afternoon wandering the confines of Half Price Books. I was looking for a Joan of Arc biography. I’ve been increasingly fascinated by her and a recent Discovery show led me to wanting a bit more information behind her decision to disregard her voices and leap from a sixty-six foot tower while imprisoned. (She survived the fall, which is a sort of metaphor for our spiritual life – our sins are not always fatal.) I found a biography but didn’t buy it since I can find it cheaper on the internet. Still, I wondered amid the print and amassed numerous books which were eventually defragged to just four (spent $20).

• • • • •

Comments:
cheaper on the internet

yep, and they never have exactly what I'm looking for. i don't hit the local stores much anymore except the catholic one.
 
Post a Comment

Desperately Seeking Retirement
   
..a situational comedy
 
Atom Feed
 


Powered By Blogger TM