Friday, October 14, 2005

 

It was the best of weeks, it was the worst of weeks. Actually it was neither but that sounds so literary it makes my goosebumps have goosebumps. Been cataloging my library on librarything.com and I don’t think my blood pressure can take it. That’s what I attribute its recent rise to. Has to, since it’s the only obsession I’ve lately introduced. Or it could be that I’ve been eating too much fried food without enough exercise. Exercise tends to wane with the end of summer since neither man nor beast exercises in the dark.

And so goes another week o’er the dam. And with it one of those Predictable Crisises in the Christian life. Gail Sheehy should write a book. Salvation is precarious and if it’s by God’s doing only it feels arbitrary and unfair, but the unpleasant otherwise is that if it partially depends on man then to trust any man (including oneself) is utter foolishness.

• • • • •

Comments:
Librarything.com... Is there a point? Or is it designed for people who just like to list data and catalog things without any really useful purpose, like me? Seriously, just the other day I wrote a person who's close enough to me to bear this sort of thing e-mail featuring the content of the front row of two of my bookshelves, as some sort of stress-relieving venture. So thanks for the link. Maybe there are features involved that will somehow make such listmaking worthwhile.
 
Tis worthwhile for me because I don't know what I have. Bought a lot of books at $1 per bag OSU booksales, which means I have about ten bags of books that I really am not familiar with at all. This might prevent me from buying something I already have.

Also I can list in the comments where it is. I have comments for certain books that go like this: "in the green room, to left of desk" and "in the bookroom, on the right if you're inside".

Order is good. Order is charismatic.
 
If your things are in order, then you'll definitely be able to find what you're looking for easily. You'll know where to find a certain book you've listed. Well, that's what I understand from what you have been doing. By the way, do you know about the phrase "order in chaos"? Haha! Anyway, kudos!
 
Post a Comment

Desperately Seeking Retirement
   
..a situational comedy
 
Atom Feed
 


Powered By Blogger TM