Monday, July 07, 2008

 

That '80s Show

I recall watching the TV show Happy Days and being somewhat turned off by "decade-nostalgia" even while intuiting that my time would come. And indeed it did. To paraphrase Bobby Knight, if nostalgia is unavoidable you may as well relax and enjoy it.

the effervescent Belinda Carlisle
So this post is inspired by fellow '80s afficiando Alisyn C. . This paragraph from her greenroom blog especially resonates:
Ahh…my favorite decade! Remember the horrible haircuts (I had one resembling Joan Jett’s), the stone-washed jeans, the bad tv? For all the ills of the decade, I maintain it had the best music. Here’s what would have been on my IPOD (had that been invented back then): Squeeze, the English Beat, Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello, the Ramones, the Sex Pistols, the Go-Gos!

Spring Break in Fl...I'm at far right.

• • • • •

Comments: Post a Comment

Desperately Seeking Retirement
   
..a situational comedy
 
Atom Feed
 


Powered By Blogger TM